It is now Full Steam Ahead for our Big International Birthday Bash
Please click here for the Program for the Birthday Bash. Times may change
Please click here for the Registration for the Birthday Bash. Please make sure you send it to Heather VE3HQH
The 2017 CLARA Birthday Bash Certificates.
CLARA has arranged for five different certificates to be made available to all radio amateurs who qualify, according to the following conditions.
Contact with any 10 YL’s
Contact with any 10 CLARA Member YL’s – (special certificate )
Contact with any 25 YL’s
Contact with any 50 YL’s
Contact with any 50 amateur radio stations, YLs and Oms
Please go here to see these certificates.
1. All contacts must be made during the 2017 year (January 1 - December 31, 2017).
2. Contacts may be made on any mode consistent with your qualifications, including SSB, CW, digital modes, Echo-Link, and via remote or repeater systems.
3. All logging information must be completed during a single contact. You may not use e-mail or other methods to complete a log entry.
4. Only with the explicit permission of a Net Control Station may eligible contacts be made during the normal operation of a net.
5. It is suggested that entries be recorded on the available logging sheets, which can be downloaded from the CLARA website. Alternatively, computer logs which contain the required information may be submitted via e-mail.
a: That information includes – your serial number, date, time in UTC, at least first name of contact, QTH, Band, mode, and whether or not a CLARA Member, and serial number of contacted ham.
6. These certificates are available to all radio amateurs, YL’s and OM’s.
7. You may only work for 1 certificate in each category, except for the 10 CLARA members. You may work for both certificates but all the CLARA members must be different for each one.
8. Logs must be received by Val no later than January 31, 2018.
9. If you have no computer service and require a mailed out certificate, please enclose a 9x12 Stamped SASE and send to the address below.
Submit logs to:
Val Lemko VE5ACJ
1125 Iroquois St. W.,
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan ,
Canada S6H 5C1
Submission via e-mail is encouraged. You will be able to print out your certificate at home. They may also be downloaded on a “thumb drive” and colour printed at another location. We are hoping to send out many certificates.
Download the contest logging sheets here. You may fill out the form on line, or print it out and fill it in by hand.
Hope everyone has fun with this Challenge.
We will be using the Best Western Plus Airport Hotel for our convention. You may check it out here .
We are also going to have a Quilt Raffle. Please go to CLARA website: Go to CLARA's Quilt and check it out. If you would like to do a square, we would love to have it. You don't need to be a CLARA member to send us a square. We do ask that you put your first name and call-sign on the square with a permanent marker. If you are not sure on what kind of a marker to use, then just pin your name and call-sign on a piece of paper to the quilt and Margaret will do it for you.
Deadline for the 12.5 in squares to be sent to Margaret is April 15, 2017. Thanks girls, and really hope we see some of you at our party. More information will be coming in the fall. Want to let the BYLARA group have their convention first so that we don't rain on their parade.
Please see the note on the Home page about the Quilt squares and the request for a brief bio.
I thought I might send you our web page with all the information regarding our ALARAMEET 2017 in Cairns.
This will be towards the end of the dry season and the weather promises to be warm and dry. Forget about all the news reports regarding that horribly cyclone Debbie as is has passed and our Australian spirit is to the fore doing a fantastic job of getting our lives back together.
The total cost for the MEET is $500 Australian dollars, not including accommodation or travel expenses but it is looking to be a great new format - think pirates - and you'll get the idea of a fun weekend with lots of radio stuff on the agenda as well as a wonderful trip up the mountain with fantastic views, etc. Hope to see some of you there in September and if you have any questions please just drop me a line.
33 Shirley VK5YL